Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"Ahoy" (a slightly satirical introduction)

From here to an indeterminate amount of time, this blog will take shape of a weekly journal about my fascination with the life of the world's aquatic organisms.  Ever since I was a child my imagination has always been curiously attracted to learning about the denizens of the deepest watery environments here on earth.  In recent years I have explored many areas as hobbies such as performance, theatre, debate, law, music, comedy, poetry, and broadcasting... however none of these fields informs me of the world around me, particularly the aquatic portions I find to be so captivating.  Thus this is my manifest reasoning behind my new ventures towards discovery.  
I leave you know of a with a parting thought of three words in regards to my value for knowledge and nature:

Imagine, Explore, Appreciate 

- Mr. William Bell Flourance
University of South Carolina

(no direct affiliation) 

No comments: